March 24, 2020
Parkway Advisors is taking steps to protect our clients, prospects, employees and their families and to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Our thoughts and prayers go out to anyone who has been impacted by the virus. Following are some of the steps that are being taken to protect our people and to avoid disruption of service to our clients:
1. During working hours, calls will continue to be answered directly by an employee of Parkway. Key contacts can also be reached via their respective cellphones. We continue to be dedicated to serving those that have chosen to utilize our services. The trust that we have been given by our clients will not waiver.
2. Our team has the ability to work remotely via a secure desktop connection. Some of our team members are currently working from home as a risk mitigation strategy and key officers are separated to reduce location risk.
3. Bloomberg Anywhere is available to our portfolio managers with multiple authentication safeguards.
4. State and national health recommendations are being closely monitored and Parkway is prepared to initiate a work from home mandate should it be required.
5. Employees who returned from infected areas are instructed to self-quarantine for a minimum of 14 days.
6. Employees are instructed to stay at home or leave work immediately if they have a temperature above 100o F, or if they have a persistent cough or have trouble breathing.
7. Employees are asked to follow recommended hygiene practices such as frequent hand washing and use of hand sanitizers.
8. Social distancing is to be observed to limit exposure to people who may be ill. Employees are asked to keep a distance of at least six feet between themselves and other people.
9. Business travel has been suspended indefinitely at this time.
10. In order to reduce the spread of the virus, Parkway will continue to follow the recommendations of the CDC and the state and local health officials.
Parkway’s team has substantial experience with working remotely. Parkway does not anticipate that the COVID-19 situation will have a significant impact on our operations or workflow. Additionally, we do not anticipate any issues with delivering or submitting items related to our services. If you have any questions, please let me know.
Theron Robert Holladay, Sr., CFA
President and CEO